Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside!

I had my first snow day yesterday! It started snowing around 4:30pm and luckily Daddy convinced my puppy Kayle to go out to the bathroom then, before she figured out that snow is cold and wet. Here she is running onto the back deck. Trust me it was a very brief trip!

Mommy and I stayed inside so that we didn't get cold but we loved watching the flakes through our sliding glass door in the kitchen. Daddy made us dinner while the snow continued to fall. It snowed lightly for about 3 hours and made our back porch look like a winter wonderland.

I can't wait until I'm bigger and I can play in the snow in my backyard with the other kids in the neighborhood. They were out swinging and playing with bouncing balls. There wasn't enough snow for snowball fights or snowmen though.

Apparently my puppy Lilith is smarter than Kayle and she knew from the get-go that snow is cold and wet. She refused to go to the bathroom all night and all this morning. I was sad to wake up this morning and see that all the pretty snow had turned to slush, but I was happy for Lilith, I don't think she could hold it much longer. She was holding a silent Ghandi like protest on her bed all night and all morning. Now that the snow is gone, I guess it's back to mildly cold days where our biggest excitement is a little rain to help ease the Georgia drought.
Love, V

No comments: