Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh Canada!

Friends I am now an international traveler! Mommy and Daddy took me on a super crazy busy fun summer vacation. Sit back and I'll tell you all about it. From that picture I bet you thought we went to the beach but we didn't we went somewhere even better. One day after school a few weeks ago Mommy and Daddy picked me up together and I noticed the car was full of stuff. We were going on an adventure! We drove a very, very long time and I admit it I was sometimes cranky. To my surprise when I woke up in the car I was at my Nannie and Poppie's house in Louisiana!

I woke up the next day (Tuesday) and Mommy and Daddy took me to this really neat playground with sand as the base. That was the first time I ever got to play with sand and it was sooo neat. I loved it so much I decided to roll around in it... it makes the car pretty dirty, I wouldn't try it if I was you.

Mommy and Daddy and I spent the whole day having fun in Louisiana shopping, eating seafood and visiting with my Nannie and Poppie. The next morning (Wednesday) we got up way before the sun did and we loaded a whole bunch of stuff in Poppies truck... we were going on an even bigger adventure! We went to the airport. I hadn't been to one of those in like 7 1/2 months... that's like half a lifetime ago for me. Mommy said we were going to Canada to see where Nannie and Poppie lived when they were little babies like me. We took two really long flights and Mommy and Daddy were so happy because they said I was a very, very good baby. But they kept using the term "busy, busy bee" for some reason hmmmm I wonder why?

We went to my Nana's house. She's my Mommy's Grandmother. We were so pooped when we got there that I slept the night away. The next morning (Thursday) Mommy, Daddy and I walked around exploring the city where Nana lives. We found this great park with a playset shaped like a boat!! It was right on the waterfront in Dartmouth, NS so I got to see real boats too. The weather was so much different than at my house in Georgia. I wore pants so I wouldn't get cold!
Friday Mommy and Daddy took me for a really Canadian experience. There's this magical place called Tim Horton's and they sell donuts that are round and made just for babies I think. Now I'm usually not the lover of sweets but this may be the turning point in my life. I attacked those tiny donuts and even stole some out of Daddy's box! That's what he gets for trusting me to hold them on the walk home from the restaurant.

Saturday was a very busy day.. we drove up to see Nannie's family. I got to meet my cousin Caden and he let me play with all of his toys. He's a member of the big boy club and I can't wait until I can do all the things he can. Nannie's family threw a big party for us so everyone could come and meet me. It was so much fun and I got to eat lobster for the first time. I liked it so much that I may ask Mommy to make it every day.

We spent the night at my Aunt Yvonne's house. She's my Mommy's Aunt too. She likes me and even let me pet her cat Morgan... I don't think he liked me as much as I liked him. It's funny, after I petted him he would run away every time I got near him. I wonder why? Nannie and Daddy helped me learn the words kitty cat since I couldn't say Morgan.


Sunday I got to meet some new people. Ms. Corrine and Mr. Grant had us over to their house for dinner and there was so much yummy food that I couldn't decide what to eat so I chowed down on a huge homemade roll while I thought it over. All this vacationing makes a boy hungry!



On Monday it was party time again. We drove to meet up with Poppie's side of the family. They had a big lunch with a bunch of fun people for me to meet. I got to eat more yummy lobster. My cousin Blair kept me thoroughly entertained with his big boy toys and his huge backyard. He has a trampoline, a sand box, a swing set and a ride on truck. You can see the ocean from his bedroom window! How neat is that?!
Tuesday is was time to say goodbye to Canada and fly home. After several delays and long flights Mommy said she was very, very relieved to be back in Louisiana where we spent the night before driving home to Georgia. I love it when Mommy drives and Daddy sits in the back with me because he lets me eat junk food. Yummy cheesey chips! So that was my adventure friends. I have so many pictures that I had to create two links for them. Click here to see the bulk of them and here to catch the tail end of my trip.


Love, V

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Jackie, my name is Angela and my daughter, Allie, has a link to your blog on hers. This has allowed me to follow your blog since Vince was born. I figured it was time for me to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading Vince's stories. Your idea is very creative; you have a way with words in addition to a very handsome son. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to have a bird's eye view of his first year. I look forward to year two. Fondly, Allie's momma