Thursday, October 28, 2010

Second But Not Second Best

In an effort to prove to Ellis (and myself) that being the second child doesn't mean you're second best, I've been busting my tail trying to take pictures of her and man is it a challenge! You're going to see a lot of random pictures of her sitting in her bouncy chair (ignore that it's blue and that it was Vince's) and in her little crib (also Vince's, I promise she does have a lot of her own stuff). Without head support there are only so many places she can go.

Vince loves to start every day by talking to his baby sister. He doesn't seem to care if she's awake or not. He tells her good morning and then bombards her with questions. I feel like I am a toddler to newborn translator; both languages are grueling to learn trust me. I can't wait for the day she can answer them and take me out of the equation.
Ellis had a little day/night confusion on her first few days home. Much like Lindsay Lohan she was content to sleep all day and stay awake all night puking in her own hair. We helped her realize that day was way more fun by taking her for some sunny stroller rides. Vince assumes that she wants to go where he wants to go... to construction sites. After the first two or three days at home Ellis has realized that night is boring and the perfect time to sleep and daytime is fun and the perfect time to play with Daddy and let him take ridiculous pictures of her sitting with Vince's toys.

Click here to see pictures from our (thankfully) uneventful first week at home. Hey dull can be good sometimes.

All Our Love,
The Damicos

No comments: