Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rambling Man

Friends I have been on quite an adventure. I went down to Nannie and Poppies house last weekend. Mommy, Daddy and I drove down. It was much more fun this time because I like my new big boy car seat. In true Nannie fashion there were new toys waiting for me when I got there. She got me a little lawn mower. Daddy told me to practice a lot because I would be using the big boy version every week once I got older. What's that mean?

A new house meant new mischevious things to do. I was determined to show Nannie just all the fun things little babies can do. I wanted to show her that I can open doors and drawers and that I really, really like taking everything off a shelf and putting all that stuff on the floor. Thankfully Nannies are really patient. Look at what she let me do with her brand new cabinets.

I'm really rough now that I'm getting into everything. Mommy says I don't have baby legs any more I have little boy legs because they are full of bruises and scrapes because I am so lively. You can see all my battle scars in the pictures. As usual we took A LOT of pictures. Click here to see some pictures from our trip.
The trip was full of firsts. I had my first beer! Well not really it was root beer. Mommy, Daddy, Nannie, Aunt Ellen and I went to the Abita Brewery near Nannie's house. They make beer that Daddy really likes but they also make root beer. Mommy let me try it. Wow was she regretting that later. It's made with pure Louisiana cane syrup and I never had that much energy!! I could have run back to Georgia with all that sugar in my system. Click here to see all the pictures from our brewery tour. Thank goodness the beer at the tour is free because Daddy said he needed one after wrestling a wiggly hyper baby the whole time. I wonder who he was talking about? I was the only baby there.

Mommy decided to break her no sugar rule and let me have my first ice cream. I really, really like it! It was actually frozen custard but who's keeping track. I made everyone in the whole family share a spoonful of theirs with me. We did all that fun stuff and more before we even got to the main reason we were visiting... Jazz Fest!

I loved Jazz Fest. It was so full of interesting people and food and music. I saw some crazy things and heard some great Louisiana music. Mommy and Daddy said I was a very patient boy so they let me eat some mango freeze and a little alligator pie. Click here to see all our fest photos. We went two days in a row so that we could make the most of our time. Well I'm off friends to plan my next adventure.
Love,
V

No comments: