Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Friends I have had such a busy week that I had to take a break from my blog. Last weekend my Nannie and Poppie came to my house to get away from a bad man named Gustav. He was a hurricane that hurt Aunt Kelly's house and Nannie and Poppie's house. Because of the storm Nannie and Poppie were able to stay with me until Thursday. We had so much fun playing and going for walks. I even played hooky from school to stay home with them.

While they were visiting, I ate my very first bad vegetables. I loved them but alas they did not love me back. First I ate sweet potatoes and they made me fussy and made my tummy hurt so Mommy stopped giving them to me. Then I tried carrots. They didn't taste as good as sweet potatoes, but I will eat anything you put in front of me. They made my tummy hurt too so it's back to rice cereal for me.

Mommy and Daddy say when I'm six months old we'll try vegetables again. But the experience wasn't a total wash, I got to sit in my new highchair. It's so much fun. I start smiling every time Mommy clips me in because I know that I always get food when I'm in that chair.

I also discovered this week that my puppy Kayle is going to be my best friend. She lets me pet her and she even comes near me and stands still so I can look at her. Mommy thinks that Kayle isn't being completely sweet that sometimes she's just after my baby food. My other puppy Lilith is still scared of me and runs away whenever I look at her.

My Grandma and Grandpa came to visit on Friday. It was a week filled with Grandparents! We had lots of fun over the weekend. We went for a stroll around Stone Mountain on Saturday while Mommy was at work. I'm starting to get used to my stroller. I still don't really like to be strapped in anywhere because I am a man on the move and don't like to be contained.

It was a typical Georgia summer day, so it was pretty hot. When I got home Daddy stripped me down to just my diaper and my hat. I think it's a pretty good look for me. What do you think?

My Grandma bought me an exersaucer that's so much fun and it looks like a crazy rocket ship! It's really fun to play with especially when Daddy gets on my level and talks to me while I'm playing. We have the best conversations. Daddy sometimes gets close enough to that I can hold on to his facial hair. It's crazy he makes the funniest noise!

Well friends I hope you are all well. I'm back at school and missing all my grandparents.

Love, V

No comments: