Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthday Boy


I know, I know you are probably all so mad at me for not blogging in so long but boy has it been a whirlwind of a week! I turned one on April 6th. It was such a fun day because both Mommy and Daddy took the day off of work to spend with me. First we went to the doctor for my checkup. She said that I weigh 21 lbs even and I'm 29 inches tall. I thought that was pretty big but she said I'm only in the 25 percentile. But no worries friends so said I'm strong, healthy and a very busy bee so I'm probably burning a lot of calories. After the doctor we all went to lunch. I tried to eat everything in site to prove to my doctor that I am a food champ.

Afer lunch we went over to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. Check out my other blog to see a picture of that fun and crazy guy.

I took a big long nap on my birthday because a growing boy needs his rest. When I woke up we went to this insanely fun place where you get to jump in these big inflatable toys. They have a special one for people like me. I'm officially a toddler now not an infant! Daddy got to jump with me and I got to meet some other big kids just like me. We wrapped up our great day with dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant where I got to eat curry chicken and stir fried tofu. Click here to see all the pictures from my birthday celebration. But who knew you could stretch the birthday fun out for the rest of the week?!
All my grandparents, my Great Aunt Ellen and my Teetee and Uncle Troy all came to Atlanta for my birthday party. It was such a blast because our neighbors and friends all came to our house to play. I was having so much fun that I ended up wearing several different outfits that day! Click here to see pictures of my party. Now I know what you're thinking... hey what about the best part the cake?!

To be honest with you friends it was much ado about nothing. It took my like half an hour to eat just a little bit of that stuff. And who can handle all the papparazzi? I had to create a whole different album just for the birthday cake pictures. To see how it went down blue frosting and all, click here. Mommy's friend Ms. Alison took videos of me eating my cake. I've posted just a short clip of one because if not we would have to rent theaters to screen the darn movie because it took me so long. I have to admit even though I barely cracked a smile, it was kind of fun to make all that mess.

So many people took pictures of me on my birthday. To see Ms. Alison's pictures click here. To see the pictures my neighbors Cathy and Kathy took click here. I'm sure there are many other pictures of my party out there but I'm getting a little worn out from all this uploading and hyperlinking.
I want to say a very special thank you to all the people who spoiled me rotten at my party. I also want to tell you about something special we did at my party. We told people to bring canned goods instead of presents. All our guests brought 50 lbs of food for the people in need who visit the Atlanta Community Food Bank. 50lbs!! That's like more than two of me!

Love,
V


1 comment:

Allie said...

first of all, what a marvelous idea for birthday presents! i'm totally stealing it. second, you have/are the cutest little boy i have ever seen.