Monday, August 18, 2008

Chow Hound

Friends have you ever eaten solid food? I don't quite know what to think about it. I tried rice cereal for the first time this weekend. Mommy, Daddy and I went to Nashville to have fun with some of our family. I had my very baby food there. I have to be honest, I thought the first few bites were pretty gross and I spit them out. It is pretty sticky so maybe I can use it to keep my spikey hair down.

I finally got the hang of it once Mommy and Daddy helped me keep the food in my mouth. That stuff is slippery! I've eaten it a couple of times now and more and more of it is actually making it to my tummy. In a couple of weeks I can start trying veggies. Mommy is convinced that veggies have to taste better than that cereal and I may like them better.

I got to spend time with my Poppie and my Uncle Troy this weekend. I hadn't seen either of them in a month! Saturday night we had a belated birthday party for my Uncle Troy. There was a yummy ice cream cake that I wish I could have put my fingers in but Mommy says ice cream is far, far in my future.

Mommy, Daddy and I came home on Sunday instead of Monday. Mommy got called into work on Monday because of some lady named Fay. Mommy told me she wasn't a lady but a tropical storm. I never knew rain had names! I'm spending the day at home with Daddy while Mommy works.

Love, V

No comments: