Friday, April 11, 2008

Ready or Not Here I Come!

O.K. I decided I couldn't wait to give Mommy her birthday present. I'll give you one guess at what it is.... ME! The night of Mommy's birthday I decided that I was ready to come into the world. My Mommy is such a good sport, she let me post this picture of her on my blog even though she says it wasn't her finest hour.

Just like a major league baseball game, my arrival took much, much longer than expected. I tried to get there all night, but didn't make it in time. Mommy went into labor at 9:30pm Saturday night and I made touchdown Sunday at 10:42am.

Sunday April 6, 2008 I arrived with a lot of fanfare but not much crying (I'm just not that kind of guy). I was just happy to be here, no one likes overly long trips (as my Nannie, Poppie and Teetee were finding out). Mommy's family drove straight from New Orleans to try to make it to the hospital before I did, but they just missed the big event. No worries though, I'm here for cuddling and spoiling 24/7.

My dream of playing for the New Orleans Saints is a long way off; I only came into the world weighing 6 pounds 7 ounces. But my timing skills could help the team, I showed up a full two weeks before my due date proving I would never miss a catch because of poor timing.

Daddy calls me his little mudbug because when I arrived at Northside Hospital, I was as red as all those crawfish that he and Mommy joke caused me to come early. Now me and Mommy can always celebrate our birthdays together. I bet she'll make me a yummy cake.
Love, V

No comments: